Monday, September 1, 2008

Roger and I had the opportunity to sing a duet at our church yesterday morning, and then another duet last night at another church. I really enjoyed singing with him. Someone asked us last night if we had a CD. LOL! Sorry, but that is just too funny! I appreciate the compliment, but I'm not that confident in my voice to let other people listen to it in their car. I tend to pick myself apart when I hear a recording because I hear all of my mistakes!

Today was a typical day. We had a lot of schoolwork to do. I have to admit that I felt a little overwhelmed today. Franklin doesn't have very good hand-motor skills yet, so writing is very difficult for him. I've heard that is true of most little boys. Handwriting came so easy for Lauren, so this is a new challenge for me. I am spending more one-on-one time with Franklin to help him with writing, but that takes a chunk out of my day. If anyone has any suggestions for how to help him with handwriting please share your advice! I will gladly accept any help I can get! He is doing much better with scissors now, so I hope that helps his writing as well.

It has been tough for Lauren and Franklin the past few days. They seemed to do fine before the primary election with Roger being gone so much, but it seems to be getting to them since Roger won and we are now heading into the general election. It breaks my heart that they miss him so much. Franklin asked twice on Saturday to make a picture for his daddy because "he doesn't see him very much anymore." *tears* Lauren cried and cried after Roger went to work this morning. She misses him. Ari patted her on her arm and Franklin went to get her teddy bear for her. I loved seeing the love and compassion her brothers had for her. It blesses me! Only two more months and the election will be over, and daddy can be home for dinner more often. He is home as much as he can be, but I understand that it is important for him to be out doing what he needs to do to win!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you have heard this one...but just in case... I have heard that having children use the "fat" pencils helps them control the writing better. Of course, this isn't a wholistic remedy, but it may help! :)

Anonymous said...

ooohhh! I forgot to mention that the Dollar Tree on Hwy 50 has some great writing resources for the classroom. I use some of them myself with students who are learning to write the alphabet in English. My faves are the "sentence strips". Great for learning to correctly form the letters in the correct size. Best part... they're only a dollar! :)