Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another restless night...

When Roger and I went to bed last night the house was quiet. Roger noticed that no one was coughing. Well, that lasted for a while, but when one of them starts coughing they all start coughing. I think I was up from about 4:00 to 5:30. Lauren came in and wanted a drink, and needed to tell me she couldn't breath out of her nose. Then Franklin came in and needed a drink. Then they both went back to bed, but continued coughing. I got up and gave each of them a cough drop. Then Miles woke up coughing and choking, so I ran to his room. I gave him a hug, kiss and a drink and went back to bed. Then Franklin came in to tell me he had just puked in his bed, and then ran to the bathroom to puke some more. I changed his pillow case and made him a bed on the floor with a trash can, since the top bunk isn't the best place to be if you need to run to the bathroom to puke. I gave Lauren and Franklin some medicine and went back to bed again. And then the alarm went off at 6:00.
I'm not complaining...just tired. I am blessed to have my children, and what better way to show them how to serve others than by taking care of them when they are sick?

No comments: