Saturday, September 6, 2008

Let go of expectations...

I find it so hard not to have expectations. I am a planner! This is good and bad. When my plans fall through it can be quite frustrating. I thought I was going to go visit with a friend today and borrow her maternity clothes (yes, I am close to 18 weeks and my belly is finally growing :-) ), but Roger got home much later than I expected, so I didn't get to go. Then, we were expecting to go hear a gentleman speak at a church in town, and knew it would be crowded, but didn't expect the cars to line the busy street for over a mile. My expectations were squashed when we got to the door and were told they were overcrowded in the sanctuary and every overflow room, so we couldn't come in. So, once again I remind myself to let go of expectations, and choose to let God lead and accept His path.

No comments: