Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My new Venture!


During my pregnancy with Ian I saw an advertisement in a baby magazine for a baby wrap. I thought it was the neatest thing! I already had a sling, but I never really liked it very well. I never felt truly hands-free with the sling. When I saw the baby wrap I could tell that I could be completely hands-free, which was important to me since I was going to have 5 children...6 and under...and trying to homeschool...and a two year old with sensory issues. Roger's mom bought me a baby wrap for Christmas and I couldn't wait to use it with Ian. The one we ordered was cute and I liked the idea of the baby wrap, but the material wasn't stretchy, so I wasn't as happy as I wanted to be.
Everywhere I went with Ian in the baby wrap I was drawing tons of attention to myself. I was asked constantly what it was and where they could get one. So, I began thinking, "Why am I letting these people get away? Why don't I sell them??? This is so simple...AND I could make some money!" I asked a friend of mine if she wanted to make them and we had grand plans to make them together. And then, I wondered if this was something I could do...by myself..something crafty...which I am not. She graciously told me I could try it on my own and come to her for advice. She's awesome!
So, I am making baby wraps!!! They are called Lil' Arrow Baby Wraps. I have been asked for a business card so many times that I have ordered some. I have also ordered some labels to put on the wraps. I am sooooooo excited!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so happy for you :) What a great blessing from the Lord!

Pegsy said...

This is wonderful news, Kerry! I'm so excited for you! I'm going to let everyone know about these wraps! Keep us posted on the progress!

mmmelissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mmmelissa said...

They're so cute!! You should scan your business card..and label..I wanna see them!
and..I know I was sad I didn't get to see you..I saw Lauren and the older boys though, they looked adorable!

Elisa Seaba said...

That is so exciting! I hope it goes well for you, it sounds like it's taking off to a great start! I wish so bad i knew how to sew...so many cute little things i want to make but NO sewing knowledge :)