Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Celebrating our first "gift!"



Lauren is 7 today! Lauren was 12 days late when she arrived after 18.5 hours of labor. When they placed her on my chest my first comment was, "She has hair!" And then, "She looks JUST LIKE ME!" Then I said, "She's so heavy!" She didn't feel heavy on the inside and I had only gained 18 pounds, but she felt heavy in my arms. She weighed 8 pounds, 1.5 ounces and was the girl I had always hoped for.


Lauren learned to sit up when she was six months, crawl at nine months, walk at 14 months, and became a big sister just before she turned 15 months. And now, she is a big sister to four little brothers!


Lauren is completing first grade. She is our little artist. She has been good at writing letters and drawing since she was 4, and continues to surprise me with her artwork. Lauren is always working on a picture for someone to "make them feel special." She loves to help me cook, and wants to learn to sew. She is excellent at memorizing scripture! She can get a bad attitude here and there, but is learning to change it by getting alone and praying. She is actually very patient with her little brothers (for the most part!), and I think Miles has her wrapped around his finger.



Lauren, you will always be my baby girl. You were our first "gift" and I am so thankful God has allowed me to be your mommy. You are a very special girl with a kind heart and beautiful smile. My greatest desire for you is that you would grow up to be a godly woman, always seeking God's will and living out the joy He has placed in you. I love you, Boo!


2 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday, Lauren!!!

Jennifer said...

Sweet post :) Happy Birthday