Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend update

Saturday: We went to a Christmas Parade. Miles wasn't happy most of the parade. The firetrucks were too loud for him, the horns blowing were too loud, he doesn't like clowns, and this was just not the place for him! The other kids had fun! Roger played music with the bluegrass band after the parade and they were playing longer than expected, so I took the kids home and he got a ride home later.
Saturday evening we hired a babysitter (she's wonderful!) and Roger and I went to a Christmas/reunion party for a company he used to work for. The dinner was catered and was absolutely wonderful!!! We were sent home with leftovers for our entire family. Very nice!
I came home from the party with a headache, sore throat, and pretty bad pregnancy nausea, so I went straight to bed.

Sunday: Roger and I both woke up with sore throats and it got worse throughout the day. Oh no! The kids seems to be fine so far. Our church choir sang a Christmas cantata in the morning service. It was really good! Beautiful music! Lauren sat so well through the entire service. All of the boys were in class. We went back to church for the evening service, came home, put the kids in bed, Roger ate dinner, I tried to think of anything that sounded good to eat, so I ate a pear and a piece of cheese, and off to bed we went.

And now it is Monday morning...I have tons of laundry to do! I didn't do any laundry over the weekend, so I have a lot to do today! I have school planned out for the week, so as soon as I get all of the laundry sorted and started in the washer our school day will begin. I don't feel like doing school! I really don't feel well... Let the day begin!

2 comments:

Pegsy said...

Oh Kerry, I'm so sorry you're feeling sick and yucky. I'm still not feeling 100% myself... It's so hard to do the necessary housework AND homeschool when you feel terrible. Now I wish I could bring you some nice soup and peppermint tea! Take care of yourself. I will pray for you.

Jennifer said...

Our job never stops:( Hope you feel better soon!
Sound like you had a nice weekend