Friday, July 24, 2009

Six years ago today...





Six years ago today this cute little guy was born around 7:30 pm. It was only a twelve hour labor, and one of my easiest labors. He was 7 lbs, 10 ounces. He screamed and screamed when they took him from me and put him in a bed to measure him. Roger walked over and quietly said in his ear, "It's okay, buddy. Daddy is here." He suddenly became silent. I had never seen anything like it. He knew who his daddy was. We had a doula during his labor and she was stunned, as well.
I was sick for the first 21 weeks of pregnancy. If I could eat a few pieces of cheddar cheese, and some saltines I could keep myself from vomiting...at least most of the time. I only gained 13 pounds during his pregnancy. I guess I was busy chasing Lauren!
Franklin's nickname was smiley when he was a baby. I often called him my "little politician." He would smile and say "hi" to everyone at the grocery store. He brought smiles to many faces! With the exception of when he first woke up in the morning (he was always too hungry to be happy), he was a very happy baby.
He rolled over at 5 months, sat up at 6 months, crawled at 8 months, and began walking at 14 months.
And now he is six! Franklin is my cuddler. He wants to be right next to me with his arms wrapped around me if I am on the sofa. He gives me kisses and hugs all throughout the day and constantly tells me he loves me. He is really well-behaved, and works so hard to have good manners. He is so thoughtful of others. Franklin is very sensitive. He can get his feelings hurt very easily and is quick to tear up.
I love Franklin so much! He is such a wonderful little boy! I truly believe he will grow up to be a wonderful, godly man, and I think he will be an amazing husband someday.

No comments: