Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Pictures!

One big happy family! Ian will be seen next year!
Lauren took our picture!
Early in the morning! Miles was still in bed.
Opening the first present
She loves it!
It's not hard to please Ari! Gotta love that smile!
Batman...aka Franklin
Franklin's new bike
Miles opening a present
His favorite thing in the world...a guitar!
Opening presents at Grandma and Grandaddy's
Hours of fun with this one!
New cowboy boots!
New cowboy boots, but they had to be brown like Levi's!
We definitely went small for Christmas this year, but I think that was a really good thing. Even if we have more money next year I think we will do the same. Lauren was thrilled to receive a sleeping mask she can wear at night, hair glitter, and a cd player. Franklin could not have been happier with his new Power Ranger's and Batman costumes (I bought them for 70% off after Halloween...spending only $7 for both!!!), and new bicycle. Ari is always easy to please! He got a new Doctor Kit, which is played with daily, and Thomas the train bubble bath. Miles got Elmo bubble bath, which he loves, and a new guitar, which I don't think he could live without! And, of course, they got presents from grandparents, too! Most of all, Lauren and Franklin had a better understanding of why we celebrate Christmas. They love Jesus! It is so hard to not get engrossed in "the season" and let the birth of Christ slip by without giving Him our praise and thanks. I would rather skip gifts altogether if I felt that we took the birth of Christ for granted.
All praise be to God, our Heavenly Father, and His precious Son, Jesus, our Savior!

2 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Thanks so much for sharing your Christmas with us :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Pegsy said...

What great pictures! Looks like you had a very happy day! I really like the one of you and your hubby! Can you believe, I didn't have my camera for Christmas morning?! I left it at Joshua's aunt and uncle's the night before...What a mess I have been lately! Oh well, I have plenty of memories in my heart!

Happy New Year!