Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ian--Sixteen Weeks






My little chubbers is sixteen weeks old! He is a happy and content little baby. He knows how to tell me when he is hungry, tired, or wants to cuddle...he even has tears sometimes. :-(
He loves to be in his swing. He is becoming more active. When I walk in his room to get him in the morning, or after naps he smiles and his arms and legs go crazy. It is so cute! I still have to support his head when I pick him up, but when I hold him he supports his own head, and doesn't bobble as much anymore (a little still, though).
He drinks a bottle at 7:30 am (sometimes a little earlier), 10:30, 1:30, 4:30, and then 7:30 pm and goes to bed. He goes to sleep quickly when he goes to bed for naps and at night...he doesn't even fuss. He typically goes to sleep about 1.5 hours before it is time for him to eat again and wakes up when it is time to eat. Sometimes I will give him an extra 30 minutes to sleep if he is still sleeping when it is time for him to eat. There have been a few times in the past week that he wasn't too tired between feedings, but then would take a long nap at some point in the day. I watch his cues and go from there.

No comments: