Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ian--Eighteen Weeks Old


My little sleeping chubby-cheeked beauty is Eighteen Weeks Old. He had his four month check-up this afternoon and was so good and smiley until they gave him two shots and a liquid to drink. Poor baby! I hate shots!
So, as for his stats...He is one BIG boy! He weighed 17 pounds, and was 26 inches. That puts him in the 90th percentile for height and weight. No wonder he is growing out of his 3-6 month pj's.
He is on the same schedule...He gets his first bottle between 7-7:30 each morning and then every three hours until his last bottle at 7:30 at night. He goes right to sleep when I put him in bed.
We do have something new to share this week...Ian is a thumb sucker! It's cute! I never thought I would say that, but it really is. Actually, I swore I would never have a thumb sucker, but Lauren started sucking her thumb at 7-8 weeks. I tried to cover her hands, but she would find a way to uncover them. I put her in a gown that had the hands covered, but she worked her entire body out of the gown until it was over her face. After the second time she did that I was too concerned about her safety and decided she could suck her thumb. Franklin was a pacifier baby until I took it away at 11 months, Ari sucks on his tongue when he gets tired, Miles is a thumb sucker, and now I have my third thumb sucker...Never say never!
Since Ian is doing so well the doctor told me I have up until 6 months to start him on solids. Thankfully, he is very relaxed in this area and didn't pressure me to start right away. Even if he had pressured me I still would have waited. Ian is fine, and it adds more work to my day to feed cereal, so I will wait.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Sweet baby! I remember that, "I will never have a thumb sucker comment" when Katey was a thumb sucking baby. I tried very hard to keep her from it too, but it was impossible! Definitely...never say never! I've learned that a lot too...especially when it comes to the kids! :-)