Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Busy, busy, busy...

We are taking the rest of the week off of school.  We haven't taken a lot of days off, so everyone is very excited to have a break, and have some fun, too!

My sweet friend, Julie, is coming over today to play with my tribe, so I can go renew my driver's license, do a little bit of shopping, and go on a date with my love.  Hopefully, I will be able to find a parking space downtown (not an easy task with a 15 passenger van!), so I can go in and see Roger's new office.  We also plan to do a little bit of shopping for our 7 little Valentine's!

The past two days have been busy.  I love organizing!  Really, I do!  I may just make it my ministry to others someday!  You pay for my flight, and I will come help you organize your house!  My little people are growing faster than I can keep up.  I thought I needed to move Miles up to his next size, but decided to keep him in 6's for now.  I knew I needed to move Ian up to 5's, so I took on the task of packing away the 4's and getting out the 5's.  It's fun, but a little difficult when I am constantly cleaning up messes made by an almost 2 year old!  Speaking of the almost 2 year old...I decided to check his shoes yesterday and figured out that he could go up a couple of sizes, so we are giving away the 5's and 6's and moving him up to 7's.  The problems is...we don't have very many 7's, so I need to find him some new shoes tonight!

So, guess what my children will be doing while I am gone this afternoon, and evening?  Decorating for my birthday!!!  This is a BIG one!  I'm turning FORTY tomorrow!  I don't feel like I'm 18 anymore, but I don't feel like I'm 40 either.  The 40's will be a very exciting time for me.  I figured out recently that 6 of my 7 children will become teenagers during my forties, and two of my children will even leave their teen years behind them.  Wow!  There is so much to look forward to in the coming years!  I can't wait to see what else God has planned for us in the next ten years?  Will we adopt?  Will we open our home to someone in need?

I'm leaving Friday evening to go to Kansas to spend some time with my family.  I am excited to spend some time with my mom, and brother, and one of my sister's.  Sadly, my other sister will not be able to make it this time.  The main reason I am going is to spend some time with my dad.  He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 5 years ago.  The past 6 months have been very difficult for him.  The disease has progressed very quickly.  I think my sister said it best when she said, "Dad no longer has Alzheimer's.  Alzheimer's has dad."

My greatest prayer for this weekend is that there will at least be one moment where my dad will know me, and can call me by name.  This is very important to me!  Would you pray for that with me?  I feel like this is my "goodbye" trip to my dad.  My next trip to Kansas will be in June, but even if my dad is still with us, we think he will lose all forms of communication by that time.

No comments: