Monday, February 25, 2013

Pop our bubble...living outside the box

We live in a proverbial bubble.  My husband goes to work each day.  I stay home and teach our children, and take care of our children and home.  My husband comes home.  We spend time together in the evening.  We get up the next day and do it all over again.

Our daily lives are generic.  We don't really do anything outside the norm.  Each day is pretty much the same.

There is nothing wrong with living a "normal" life.  Typically, I desire "normal."  I don't like it when things happen that throw our schedule out of sync, or turn our lives upside down.  I'm not a big fan of change.

For months now, I have felt that God is asking more of us.  More from Roger and me.  More from our family.

I don't know what God's plans are for us, but I think He wants to "pop our bubble."  I think he wants to change our bubble lives into something more extraordinary.

I believe God is taking us down a road that will cause us to live outside the box.  I don't think He wants us to be normal.

Two things that keep popping up in conversations between Roger and me...

1)  Adoption.  We are open to adopting.  We continue having this feeling that someone knows someone who knows someone...who knows of parents who cannot take care of their children...and our home needs to be an open door.

2)  Being the interim family to an unwed mother.  We are open to sharing our home, our family, and our hearts with a young mom who, for whatever reason, needs somewhere to go while she is pregnant, regardless of her choice to keep her baby, or choose adoption.  Pregnancy is certainly not a time for a young woman to be stressed about where she will live while she is pregnant.


 Who? What? When? Where? How? We have no idea! We are open to God popping this bubble that only includes our little family, and choosing to live outside the box, even if it draws us away from our comfort zone.  I believe it is God bringing us to this place.  I'm excited to see what He has for us!

No comments: